Monday, July 28, 2008
KARI UDANG DAN KENTANG
Actually, this prawn curry taste better with long beans, but since I ain't got any, I substituted with potato wedges.
5 large prawns - unshelled
2 garlic - sliced thinly
2 shallots - sliced thinly
1 slice garlic - sliced thinly
1/2 tsp mixed halba
2 tbsp fish curry powder - mixed with some water
1 sprig curry leaves
1 cup coconut milk (not so thick)
1 potato - cut into wedges
1/2 tsp tamarind paste (ADABI)
1. Heat oil and saute the sliced ingredients together with mixed halba till fragrant.
2. Pour in the curry paste and fry till oil surface.
3. Put the potatoes and saute for a while then pour in some water. Cover the pot with lid.
4. After 10 minutes, pour in coconut milk and let it boil.
5. Put the prawns and let it boil again.
6. Put in some salt, Ajinomoto and tamarind paste to taste.