Saturday, July 3, 2010

Kueytiow Goreng


Well, En Koji was not around until Monday - outstation. And that left me with the kiddos. So, this is practically our last nite's dinner. We already had a hearty lunch, typical lunch (kurma ayam, stim siakap, ulam petai and sambal tempoyak), so as a head chef, I decided to cook something less time-consumed food for dinner. Ting! Just remembered that I bought some kueytiow the other day and since Haqimie lurvesssssssss kueytiow so much, then Mama will cook according to his tastebud. Unfor, it will not be as spicy as I wanted to, but nevermind tho, I'm not really a kueytiow fan myself. And to combine with his little bro's favourite, I added up some prawns in it.

1/2 packet thin kueytiow - rinsed with running water to wash off some excess oil
2 garlic - minced
1/2 large yellow onion - minced
1 tablespoon prepared chilli paste (not spicy, remember?)
1 tablespoon chilli sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoons tomato sauce (again, to avoid spiciness that might overcome)
3 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (I used Cap Kipas Udang)
5 sprigs kucai bunga - cut into lengthwise
1 egg
prawns as u wished (shelled and slid in the middle to throw away those black threads)
oil

Heat a little oil, saute the minced garlic and onion till fragrant. Add up the chilli paste and saute for a while. Then put in all the sauce and stir well.
Add in prawns, stir then add kucai. Then add kueytiow, stir. Break the egg and let it harden a bit, then stir into the kueytiow.

I served with some fried Ayamas Nuggets range (Power I think).

1 comment:

puanstoberi said...

owh..aku tgh craving k.tiow uih..