Thursday, May 10, 2012

Peri-peri spaghetti

The other day, I was revising a spaghetti recipe. I thought of cooking olio aglio but then I didn't have enough ingredients and I found a bottle of Nando's Peri-Peri Sauce, so I thought why not trying something new. And the result was, awesome. I brought the left over (small portion only) to the office the next day, and my colleagues who tried it said it was delicious and they asked me to make some more.

Peri-peri Spaghetti (for two persons)



1/2 packet angel hair/vermicelli pasta - cooked as per instructions, set aside
10 dried chillies - cut and soaked in water
5 garlic - chopped
1/2 yellow onion - sliced thinly
1/4 bottle Nando's peri-peri sauce
1/2 green capsicum - sliced thinly
1/4 broccoli - sliced thinly
7 button mushrooms in bottle - sliced thinly
10 shelled prawns
some chicken slices
olive oil
1/4 tsp Maggi Cukup Rasa

Heat olive oil in a wok. Saute dried chillies for a while then set aside.
Using the same oil, saute garlic and yellow onion till fragrant.
Add in mushrooms and chicken slices, then fry till chicken cooked. Add in capsicum and broccoli. Fry a while.
Add in cooked pasta, prawns, Maggi Cukup Rasa, dried chillies and peri-peri sauce. Stir well until prawns are cooked.
Serve hot.

No comments: